Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bad night/morning.
I had to make an call to the doctor at 4 am.  Dan had vomited twice and this was painful and scary.
Doc said to stop using a nose spray medication he was on and then said he'd all me later.
At this point I really felt no better about the situation but I was able to get Dan calmed down and comfortable enough to sleep.
When he woke up he felt weaker than ever but o.k.
I was just about to give him some water when Dr.S call.
Don't give him any water!!!
The nasal spray he was on retains water and most likely Dan is suffering water intoxication.
It will take 24 hours to get out of his system.  He is to eat salt, salt and more salt and pee pee pee.
NO WATER!
So chips it will be.

Once we knew what was going on we all felt a lot better. Dan almost immediately looked better.  Amazing what a little bit of knowledge can do.
I brought Dan outside to sit in the shade for a bit.  He did very well considering he has been very sensitive to light and sound.
The nurse has been again and once again very thing looks good.
I wish I could curl up and sleep the rest of the day away, Dan too.

So after a nice leg and arm massage Dan is resting peacefully once again.  I could do without the craziness we had going on but we knew there would be highs and lows.

No comments:

Post a Comment