Tuesday, August 28, 2012

One week anniversary......
I can say that was one blurry week.  It seemed to have gone fast though.
Fairly uneventful yesterday and last night.
Sleeping is still really tough.  Dan had really bad pressure in his head last night.  I was able to clam him and get him settled in the head for the first time in days.  I used what seems like a million pillows to prop him up just right.  Pillows are great and all but lose form fairly fast.  I was fairly determined that Come hell or high water Dan was going to sleep, well!!
I used my body weight to hold up the structure I had built around him.  That was fun, but it was working.  What can I say?  I was getting desperate.
Luckily enough I had arranged for his mom to come "relieve" me at 5am.  By then I was beyond tired but I knew he was resting comfortably.  Once she got here Dan and I had just been chatting a bit before.  It was obvious he wasn't in as much pain and had slept. Thank God!!!!
I was able to crash until just before 10 am.  Not sleeping at night for this week reminds me of when the boys where born.
I didn't sleep well but at least I could just lay there.  From what I understand he ate really well and went for a walk out in the courtyard.  Now he is resting up because the physical therapist is coming again and is going to work with him twice today.

3 comments:

  1. Happy One Week!! :)
    Thanks so much for keeping this blog updated. You are both so strong!! Stay positive! It sounds like its getting just that little bit better each day. Your family is in my thoughts everyday!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer -
    Oh, how I wish I could give you both a hug!!! Sounds like things are going good. Even though exhaustion is a factor for you both you know that this too will pass. Hang in there!!! Hope you can come home soon. Will miss you two this weekend. But everyone will be thinking of you.
    Take care. Love to you both!!
    Aunt Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad we will miss the family. But there is always next year!
      Love you too!
      Jen and Dan
      Xoxoxo

      Delete